The objective our SOC Readiness Assessment is to assist service organizations determine their readiness to undergo a successful SOC 1, 2, or 3 Attestation engagement.
We assist CPA firms who need expertise with SOC readiness for their client’s attestation or independent organizations to determine the appropriate report (SOC 1, SOC 2, or SOC 3) and scope and criteria. This will determine the scope of the control objectives and help us to review related controls and procedure to ascertain the adequacy of these controls and whether they address all of the major aspects of the control environment that may be relevant to the specific type of report.
Some of the benefits that are realized as a result of our readiness assessment are:
- Management and the team that will be involve in the review become familiar with the SOC requirements and procedures.
- A management report is provided to the client that outlines recommendations for improving the overall control environment.
- The description of controls (Section 2 of the SOC Report) is drafted and serves as the basis for the specific type of SOC engagement to follow.
- The client can consult with AdIT regarding how changes to the environment or business processes will impact existing controls and the outcome of the subsequent SOC engagement.
- The scope of the actual SOC engagement, which includes the control objectives and related control activities, are defined based on the results of the Readiness Assessment.
Who Should Consider a SOC Readiness Assessment?
- Service organizations that are looking for a cost-effective method to determine its preparedness for an eventual SOC attestation engagement.
- Service organizations that are planning to undergo a SOC attestation engagement for the first time.
- Service organizations that prefer an internal-use-only report that would allow management to address any controls deficiencies that are identified prior to undergoing a SOC review.