Publicly Traded Trucking and Logistics Corporation
- $500 million + transportation and logistics company with nationwide transportation routes.
- AdIT was selected by management to perform the Company’s SOX compliance for both the financial and IT controls. AdIT was selected based on its prior success working with Big 4 accounting firms. The goal of the engagement was not only perform the testing, but to work the IT and internal audit departments to create ways to improve the process and assist the company through the migration to their new business operations software.
- Within a few months of being onsite, the company was in need of an internal audit director, and their business operations software did not have an adequate security model embedded in the software. The lack of security meant the Company was facing possible negative disclosures in their 10K.
- AdIT was able to staff the Internal Audit Director position, train new hires within the internal audit department, and stream line testing processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency across all company locations / subsidiaries. AdIT was able to keep management informed of the SOX compliance process throughout the year and reduce the number of control deficiencies from the prior year. In addition, AdIT was able to leverage technology to develop a security model add-on which enabled defined operational transactions and role based security to mitigate the risk of unauthorized and inappropriate logical access.
Real Estate Investment Trust
- $5 billion + in assets and management of over 65 shopping malls across the United States.
- AdIT was selected to coordinate the company’s SOX compliance initiative for IT general controls. AdIT was selected based on its success as a process focused compliance consulting firm with in-depth technology expertise.
- AdIT assisted in the documentation of the corporations IT systems and processes and the identification and definition of key general controls. In addition AdIT assisted in the development of test plans and the execution of key control testing. The firm was successful in assisting the corporation in satisfying the SOX compliance requirements.
- AdIT has been providing ongoing quarterly monitoring of the IT control environment and to assist in establishing more effective and efficient IT compliance processes.
International Manufacturer of Cell Phone, Tablet and Computer Cases
- $60 million + annual revenue international cell phone case manufacturer.
- AdIT was selected to assist the company in implementing best practice internal controls that would provide a baseline of SOX control activities prior to them becoming a publicly traded company. AdIT was selected by being able to demonstrate significant industry experience and the ability to provide a detailed roadmap for successful control implementation for a company planning to go public.
- AdIT assisted in performing a financial and IT risk assessment, creating process documentation, performing walkthroughs, developing test plans, and executing key control testing.
- By working in lockstep with the client, the company was able to effectively remediate identified control deficiencies by year-end, create efficiencies within key processes, and develop a road map for business owners to effectively manage IT operations. AdIT’s services allowed the company to obtain a high level of comfort that the control environment and related assessment process would support the transition into a publicly traded company.
Software as a Service Provider
- $40+ Million SaaS provider – Home Medical Equipment (HME) and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) SaaS Provider.
- AdIT was selected by a regional CPA firm to assist in leading and staffing the SaaS provider’s SOC 2 audit. Because of the technical complexities involved in performing a SOC Security and Availability audit, AdIT was selected to plan and perform the engagement.
- Through the audit process, we were able to assist the company is implementing change management and incident reporting software; ensure vulnerability and penetration testing, and the implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery. The results are expected to include increased customer satisfaction, and enhanced security and availability.
Utilities / Marketing Provider
- $60 Million+ Utility-sponsored mass-market demand response and energy efficiency programs for residential and small business customers.
- AdIT was selected because the company had recently experienced a security breach and needed a firm with a high level of expertise to perform a comprehensive privacy review and provide GAP analysis along with a remediation strategy for the company’s largest customer. This would ensure that the company was serious about resolve all future potential security issues.
- Through the process, we were able to leverage our expertise in Generally Accepted Privacy Principles and provide the company with an extensive summary of potential privacy breaches and a remediation strategy design to ensure internal controls were in place to manage the privacy risks. The results are expected to include increased customer satisfaction, and enhanced security and availability.